1. Eligibility: Smithfield “Hometown Original Heroes” Video Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. This is a skill-based contest and chance plays no part in the determination of winners. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, Administrator, and/or any company involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of the Contest, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and members of their immediate families (spouses and parents, children and siblings and their spouses), and/or those living in the same household of such individual, are not eligible to participate. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Smithfield Foods Inc., 200 Commerce Street, Smithfield, VA 23430. Administrator: PROtential, 3722 Illinois Avenue, St. Charles, IL 60174.
3. Timing: The Contest begins on Friday, July 17, 2020 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Sunday, September 13, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
4. How to Enter: A Contest Entry (each an “Entry” or “Entries”) can be obtained by website entry:
• During the Promotion Period, visit www.SmithfieldHometownHeroes.com (“Website”), find and complete the entry form by providing the full name of the person you are nominating, your own full name, city, state, zip code, telephone number and email address, and upload your video submission directly at www. www.SmithfieldHometownHeroes.com. Your video upload should be no longer than 1 minute long and should nominate yourself or someone you know and admire as a “Hometown Original Hero” who you feel deserves to be recognized, telling the story of how they (or you) have gone above and beyond in serving your local community during this year’s pandemic, making a positive impact on your hometown (“Video”). Video submissions must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on September 13, 2020 to be eligible. Any attempt at email or other Internet entry is void. Proof of submission of the Video will not be considered proof of receipt. Any entry that is submitted without a Video will be void. A maximum of (5) total Entries per entrant can be made during the Promotion Period.
Video Submission Requirements:
• Video uploads must be in an acceptable file format as provided on the Website. Any other formats submitted and/or exceeding the time limit will be disqualified.
• All video submissions must comply with YouTube terms of service and specifications for user submissions and/or video uploads, located at http://www.youtube.com/t/terms and as may otherwise be posted on the YouTube website.
• The Entry must be the original work of the entrant, must not have been submitted in previous competitions, previously published, or won previous awards. The Entry may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, any content that:
◦ is inappropriate, offensive, indecent, obscene, discriminatory, defamatory or endorses any form of hate or hate group;
◦ includes the image, name, or other information identifying any person, without such person’s permission;
◦ contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in web sites, television, movies or other media), without permission;
◦ contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging) owned by others, without permission;
◦ disparages Sponsor or any other person, company, organization or party; promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; and/or violates any law.
• By entering, each entrant represents and warrants that his or her entry (and Sponsor's use thereof) does not and will not defame or otherwise violate the rights of any third party and does not and will not violate any federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Entrant further represents and warrants that he or she has secured the requisite consent from any person referenced or appearing in their entries. To the extent that anyone under the age of eighteen (18) appears in a video, entrant represents and warrants that the minor's parent or guardian has consented to the minor's appearance in the video and the public display of the video on YouTube. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry that it believes violates any of the Video Submission Requirements, does not otherwise comply with these Official Rules, or that is not consistent with the spirit and theme of the Contest.
• Entrants will retain copyright in their video submission, but each entrant grants to Sponsor an exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, assignable, royalty-free license to publish, reproduce, distribute, display, perform, create derivative works, transmit and disseminate the submission in all media or platforms whether now or any and all media, now or hereafter known, worldwide and on the Internet, and in perpetuity, without compensation or additional consents from entrant or any third party and without prior notice, approval or inspection, and to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so. Entrant also waives any and all moral rights in the submission with respect to any use by Sponsor.
• Conditions of Entry/Limit: Each entrant may submit a maximum total of (5) Entries during the Promotion Period. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more the stated maximum number of Entries by using multiple email addresses, identities, or through any other means will void that entrant’s Entries and that entrant may be disqualified, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, from the Contest and any of the Sponsor and/or Administrator’s other Contest or promotions. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, Contest entry services) will void all Entries by that entrant. Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for lost, late, ineligible, damaged or misdirected Entries or any typographical or other errors in the administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prize. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. The time of receipt of any valid Entry shall be the time such valid Entry becomes available to Sponsor or Administrator. Any submission that does not comply with these Official Rules is void.
5. Judging and Winner Selection: Administrator decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Under supervision of the Sponsor, Administrator will use a panel of judges to evaluate and select the potential video Contest winners from all eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period, on or around 9/16/20. Each valid Entry will be judged based equally on the following criteria: (i) persuasiveness of story, (ii) quality and composition of the video production, and (iii) the amount of creativity demonstrated in the video. The potential winners will be notified by email and/or phone. Except where prohibited, each potential winner of a prize (or parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility & Liability Release and Publicity Release ("Declaration"), which must be received by Administrator within seven (7) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Declaration or provide any other requested information, within the required time period (if applicable), or the prize is returned as undeliverable or otherwise unclaimed, the potential winner forfeits his/her prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor has the right, but not the obligation, to award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected from among all remaining eligible Entries, if any. Only one (1) alternate winner notification will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Prizes will be fulfilled within approximately 6 weeks after the conclusion of the Contest.
THE POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY ADMINISTRATOR AND SPONSOR’S DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST.
6. Prizes: There is a limit of one (1) prize per person and/or household. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any listed prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason. All taxes on prize(s) won are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
TEN (10) POTENTIAL GRAND PRIZES: Hometown Original Hero nominee winners will (1) have their names featured on the Smithfield No. 10 Stewart-Haas Racing Ford Mustang at the NASCAR Martinsville race on November 1, 2020, (2) have opportunity for a virtual hot pass and online pre-race meet & greet with driver Aric Almirola, (3) receive a reproduction Smithfield No. 10 decklid, personalized and autographed by Almirola (4) receive one Bacon For A Year coupon booklet, providing coupons for fifty-two (52) free one-pound packages of Smithfield bacon. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Grand Prize: $599. Total ARV of all prizes: $5,990.
Only the stated number of prizes will be awarded. All prize details will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes may not be resold, auctioned, bartered, exchanged, placed in commerce, or otherwise conveyed for monetary value. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
7. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize and for claims based on publicity rights and intellectual property rights, defamation or invasion of privacy.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, post, text, video, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any technical failures, computer glitches, fraud, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of Entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another Entry in the Contest, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the State or Federal courts located in Virginia; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
13. Winners List: For a winners list, please send a self-addressed and stamped envelope to: “Smithfield Hometown Original Heroes Video Contest, Winners List” c/o PROtential, 3722 Illinois Avenue, St. Charles, IL 60174. The winner list will be available and distributed after winner confirmation is complete. Request must be received within 90 days of the end of the Promotion Period.
14. The Smithfield “Hometown Original Heroes” Video Contest, hosted by Smithfield Foods Inc., is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with YouTube.
Smithfield Hometown Original Heroes Video Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.